BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Windows not visible in elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have a strange problem where the windows are evident in 3D, but when I switch to an elevation, they disappear! They are also not visible in the 2D-plan window.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

BTW: Using Arch v.12.

Thanks in advance. 🙂
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
ajg wrote:
They are also not visible in the 2D-plan window.
The 2D plan visibility issue might be "Floor Plan Cut Plane" related. Try adjusting the settings there; but before doing that, try setting the windows' floor plan display mode to "Symbolic" and see if that changes anything.
And one more thing: I'm guessing that you are using the windows from the AC12 Library. They have been reported here as having bugs, so the advice would be using the AC11 Library until the next update is released.

Cheers,
Adrian Tudoreanu
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ajg wrote:
I have a strange problem where the windows are evident in 3D, but when I switch to an elevation, they disappear!
Check your Model View Options (which are saved with the Views), specifically the Options for Construction Elements > Window Options. With what you describe, it looks like this is set to "Hide on Floor Plan" rather than "Show on Plans", which will also "hide" them in the elevations, but not the 3D Window.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David, that did it. Thankyou.

adytc - Thanks for the advice, also. Much appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
And thanks for the signature advice. 🙂
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Adam:

I'm glad the solution was so simple, signature looks good

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!