Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Intersecting Walls at Roofline

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here I have a wall intersection problem. The blue highlighted wall is necessary to cover that portion of exterior where there is no wall. However, I have no means of angling this wall's base to match the pitch of the vaulted ceiling inside. As well, as you can see on the exterior, the wall intersection is intersecting improperly - exposing the interior skin of the wall, where it should be should the exterior skin to match the rest of the house.

Can anyone offer assitance on this?

Thanks.

intersect.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Holm
Booster
It's hard to see in your picture what the problem really is, but generally, when the walls' reference lines don't overlap properly in height at the intersection point, the walls won't intersect properly.

One workaround would be to place the prop wall on a separate layer and increase that layer's intersection number so they don't intersect, and then do a SEO instead, and then as a last step patch up the plan if needed. In fact, any wall-shaped item (a slab, perhaps) would do. I said workaround
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Erika Epstein
Booster
Using either SEO or TRIM TO ROOF, you can trim the blue wall. First change the base of the blue wall so it extends below the roof so you will have some wall to trim.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"