BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Brand Spanking New GDL Book

Cadimage Tools scripting wizards have written a big book on GDL - to be published shortly.

http://blog.cadimagetools.com/
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
106 REPLIES 106
owen
Newcomer
cheeky Kiwi's selling their products in US Dollars ...

don't they realise that if they were selling in NZ Dollars their products would be much more attractive t the rest of the world, esp now €1=NZ$2.5
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Glad to see there is some interest in our GDL Book! We have sold a couple of dozen copies within 2 days of announcing it!

Remember if you purchase it before 16th March 2009 you receive 15% off as a 'pre-purchase special'

Now, to clarify some pricing information!
  • - We sell the book in four currencies on our website: AUD, EUR, USD and GBP
    - Unlike our other products this book is not downloadable and therefore needs to be shipped
    - As outlined on the website to keep things simple I have included the shipping cost within the overall price
    - Shipping from NZ to US or Europe costs us a different amount therefore you cannot simply do Forex conversions and compare prices (the base price is virtually identical across currencies - currently - but it is the shipping price that vaires)
    - Lastly, we could sell in NZD, however most people do not know what the NZD is and besides the NZD Price is a lot higher so after a conversion into your own currency there is no real benefit!
Also, just to let you know we have updated the webpage to also include a PDF of the Table of Contents: http://www.cadimagetools.com/gdlbook.aspx

For any further information please email campbell@cadimagetools.com

Thanks
Campbell

Campbell Yule
Managing Director
Cadimage Tools Limited

ArchiCAD Productivity Tools

:: Auckland
:: New Zealand
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Campbell wrote:
Also, just to let you know we have updated the webpage to also include a PDF of the Table of Contents
O yes, thank you -- very helpful.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder what the conversion of $NZ is for New Zealanders? Probably pretty bad in the current economic climate.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered mine a couple of days ago 😉
It is arriving early next month. So as soon as i can i'll post a review.

it has been written by Andrew who is very on to it. So it should be really good.
owen
Newcomer
Campbell wrote:
- Unlike our other products this book is not downloadable and therefore needs to be shipped
Campbell,

A PDF version would be really, really handy. I am considering buying this but the thing putting me off at the moment is knowing it is hardcopy-only. I am a mobile kinda guy who works from pretty much anywhere I can and I will not carry books around with me - pretty much anything I need as a reference can be found in electronic form one way or another. I want it on my laptop/iPod/iPhone so i have it with me when i know i will need it most, in a form that is convienient.

Even if you don't want to sell a download-only copy perhaps consider including a CD containing a PDF (not encrypted - i want to bookmark/markup). A lot of tech-type books do this .. it just makes so much more sense than carrying around dead trees.

cheers,

os
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Erich
Contributor
I have already pre-ordered the book and like hard copy. It just feels more real.

However, Owen makes a good point about providing an electronic file to go along with the hard copy. When doing GDL at the office, I make good use of the PDF resources we have available already (GDL Reference Guide, and the various versions of the GDL Cookbook). But since this will be my book not the offices, it will likely reside at home. Being able to have a PDF copy on my laptop to go back and forth with me would be a wonderful addition and would keep what looks to be a good reference close at hand.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree. i love a hard copy book.
However when writing GDL (coding) it is really handy being able to copy and paste bits of code here and there, straight from a pdf.
Much like the GDL reference guide.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure that we'll be able to provide a pdf version of the book, but I would be happy to provide the GDL scripts in an electronic format. I agree its important to be able to copy and paste the scripts directly, rather than re-typing them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
yip that would be really handy. it just saves a lot of time.
Learn and get certified!