Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How to do this in AC or Artlantis??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to get this kind of "clay" or "plastic" render out of Artlantis or ArchiCAD? I know the bigger programs, such as 3DS or Modo can do it with global illumination...didn't know if there was a way to do it or not.

YashicaE35.jpg
14 REPLIES 14
Dwight
Newcomer
With all due respect, perhaps some time spent manually tweaking the file could detract from Artlantis being "too fast."

In researching my book, the guys i interviewed were, without exception, guys who used evenings, coffee breaks and long periods of unemployment to experiment.

For instance, I've had good success using aerial fog and cloud cover to make better shadows for those clay model images...... features that aren't obvious props to be used to get diffused sunlight......

just a suggestion.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
BTW: blobbly surfaces usually indicate radiosity set too high.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
...for me indicates a big bug

...if the setting is there, is to give an accurate result, not a buggy one.

abvent really needs to bet on new radiosity engine for the future....it is their main problem for the moment.

And if they want to be on the market in the next year / years....it is not only about the quality they have to concern...

they have to check, network render, professional shaders / textures editing.....

- 3d displacement,

- ies

- better sky / cloud tool, with realistic colours (not that always blue gree, effect)

- radiosity settings, samples, photons, etc, etc

- ambient occlusion ( a real one, not a fake)

- more animated objects

- support for 3ds max (not only 3ds objects)

and many things...

it is not hard to do it, really, they just have to focus on the real matter and can mantain at the same the easy of use, the interface....but the real goal must be PROFESSIONAL quality, not amateur or intermediate...

If that dream happens, then we would be really talking on a market leader.

best regards
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Necko,

Thanks for posting those images ... which certainly do not represent Artlantis in my view ... it is almost hard work to make the shadows and surfaces look so bad. (Artlantis 2.1 did/does have some new bugs, which is why that update was removed from the web site.)

Given the tiny size of the model that you posted (two cubes) - could you save it as an Artlantis archive and zip that up to post here? And, post a rendering of those same cubes from Vray to show what you want to see, so Dwight, I and others can do apples to apples.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Hi Necko,

Thanks for posting those images ... which certainly do not represent Artlantis in my view ... it is almost hard work to make the shadows and surfaces look so bad. (Artlantis 2.1 did/does have some new bugs, which is why that update was removed from the web site.)

Given the tiny size of the model that you posted (two cubes) - could you save it as an Artlantis archive and zip that up to post here? And, post a rendering of those same cubes from Vray to show what you want to see, so Dwight, I and others can do apples to apples.

Cheers,
Karl
Ok, i will do it later today, this render i did in Vray. . . I didnt do any ajdustments. . . Create geometric shapes and render it. No after edit in photohop or something sim...

I love artlantis but i miss more quality !

I will post some render test of same geometric in vray and sketchup . . .