BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Zermatt [and in 2009: Virtual Building Explorer]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anybody heard some news about the zermatt engine? We know it sort of stopped beeing developed any further but any idea if there is still a future for this product?

Thanks Carsten
142 REPLIES 142
Thomas Holm
Booster
Aaron wrote:
Karl,

Do you have a joystick as well?

[and easy on the innuendo, the rest of you]
You mean we're not supposed to comment on Karl's glyphs?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
I said 'easy' Thomas. nothing more, nothing less.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Karl Ottenstein
Now that the innuendo's taken care of.... I have a SpaceNavigator which, unhappily, does not function with VBE. One of many things to hope for in version 2.0

K
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
I have had mixed results ...

VBE does not work on my work machine, looks like the video card trouble. Crashes ArchiCAD at export, can't run standalone. Only the menu is visible.

Otherwise, agree ... and yes, please, some Client dummies and an AK47!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Can anyone tell why VBE doesn't bring pictures to the VBE model? Textures are fine but where you can choose "use your own picture" like on the carpet 12 and Picture 12 and on tv screen the picture choosen doesn't follow. Anyone?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey

and has anybody else problems with the 7 day trial version? I have updated to the latest AC 12 version ( AUS 2420 WIN ) Installed the VBE and opened the licence manager, which proudly activated a 7 day licence for me to use......
Opened AC 12 and wanted to export from the 3D window------message:
Your license is no longer valid
Run VBE license manager to activate your license
After a couple of tries with the licence manager, AC 12 open or closed no difference, I am on this forum.

Any feedback would be great thanks.

Cheers Carsten
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok now they looked me out for 24 hours from the server, because I tried to often! Not really a great way to sale/market a new product.......

Carsten
Anonymous
Not applicable
so after waiting 24 hours I am back in business, at least I thought. It activated the trial licence again, of course with only 6 !! days remaining.
Still no luck in AC12 if I like to export out of the 3D window it tells me again:

Your license is no longer valid
Run VBE license manager to activate your license

I left the licence manager open, still showing activated.

From the silence here I take it none has a clue yet?

Cheers Carsten
David Collins
Advocate
Carstene wrote:
From the silence here I take it none has a clue yet?
I downloaded and used the trial program without ever going near the license manager. In fact, I was blissfully unaware of its existance. The VBE opened in trial mode and worked fine.

If all else fails, you might try removing and reloading, then see if it works straight away without opening the license manager.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
David Collins
Advocate
nationalmuseum wrote:
Can anyone tell why VBE doesn't bring pictures to the VBE model? Textures are fine but where you can choose "use your own picture" like on the carpet 12 and Picture 12 and on tv screen the picture choosen doesn't follow. Anyone?
This is one for the GDL gurus. I noticed the same problem.

Thinking there might be an issue with the picture or carpet bitmap, I opened the library part's 3d script, which uses PICTURE in GDL. The bitmap's file name is not in the script and seems to be called internally somehow. Further, I can't find those bitmaps anywhere in the standard ArchiCAD library.

In any case, using a custom image with these objects also fails, so the problem is probably deep inside the PICTURE command.

While these images simple show up white, other types of image files will fail to export, for instance: indexed colored *.BMP files. In this case the VBE export window tells you it failed and won't launch.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)