Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

New automatic title marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am trying to make an object which automatically links back to the relative drawing that it is referencing. (To save time in cross referencing). I had a look at the standard title markers and one looks pretty close in looks, but I cant see hw to reference back to the source page). This is bugging me...

Any one had the same problem?

Ive attached a quick sketch to show you what I mean....

Thanks Guys!

18 REPLIES 18
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
See this link...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laura, Ill give it a shot.

Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this thread is asking the what I need to know, but it's got a bit confusing, so I'll re-ask.

I'm trying to create a title type for sections/elevations/details that reference back to the layout that the originating plan drawing is on.

So if the plan is on SH02, and the elevation is on SH03 I want the title of the elevation to say that it came from SH02.

Can I do this in V11?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Tom wrote:
Can I do this in V11?
Maybe with an intimate knowledge of GDL, but AC12 has Bi-Directional Drawing Marker Referencing. From the New Features List:

The Title panel of Drawing Settings now gives you access to the Back Reference function. Back Reference allows you add Layout ID information to the Drawing Title: specifically, the ID of one or more Layouts that contain a Drawing showing the source marker of the current Drawing.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link.

Does any one know how to do this in GDL?

Our office isn't upgrading to 12 so not an option for me I'm afraid.

Cheers
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Tom wrote:

This goes back to my original suggestion to use Autotext -- it's an additional element, but no GDL scripting required.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Tom wrote:

This goes back to my original suggestion to use Autotext -- it's an additional element, but no GDL scripting required.
I built my original one using autotext, but as far as i can find there is no autotext to reference back to the originating sheet number. Unless I've missed something?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
Laura wrote:
Tom wrote:

I built my original one using autotext, but as far as i can find there is no autotext to reference back to the originating sheet number. Unless I've missed something?
AFAIK there is no reasonable solution for backreferencing in AC11. If it can be done at all in GDL it is certainly "not trivial" (as the programmers like to say). I'm afraid that you either need to do it manually or upgrade to 12.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahh well, nevermind, manual it is!

Cheers
Tom