Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

copy, mirror and elevate

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a unit site that I have built the first unit of and I need to copy, mirror and elevate each unit individually (they are all the same and are two storey).
The problem is, when I try to do this for multiple levels I can only do one storey at a time. I usually use the multiply option but that only seems to work on one level at a time. Is there a way to 'grab' all storeys and do them together?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
u need to use the bold marquee tool, instead of the standard one. that will select all storys, not just the active one
Anonymous
Not applicable
What version of Archicad?

You can mirror, copy, elevate etc in 3D window. But a better alternative would be to use hotlinked modules for the units, thereby keeping them intact. AC11 abd 12 handle multi-storey hotlinks, 10 and earlier have each storey inserted separately.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the quick replies.
The bold marquee worked perfectly.
I needed a quick method but I will be looking more at the hotlinks when I have time.

Thanks again, really helped.
rocorona
Booster
s2art wrote:
What version of Archicad?

You can mirror, copy, elevate etc in 3D window. But a better alternative would be to use hotlinked modules for the units, thereby keeping them intact. AC11 abd 12 handle multi-storey hotlinks, 10 and earlier have each storey inserted separately.

All correct but, if I remember correctly, COPY doesn't work in 3D window.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
In my experience copy does work in 3d window but you first have to duplicate it (click a copy on the same spot) and the use the drag command. Copy doesn't work in section though.. too bad.
Erika Epstein
Booster
rslt wrote:
Thank you for the quick replies.
The bold marquee worked perfectly.
I needed a quick method but I will be looking more at the hotlinks when I have time..
If you are using 12 mirrored hotlinks are buggy. I didn't see the fix listed in the latest hotfix posted earlier this week.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
rocorona
Booster
We can use "Drag a copy", "Mirror a copy" and the "Multiply" commands, but the simple "Copy" command is disabled in Model windows

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
I'm using Archicad 11.
Erika Epstein
Booster
rslt wrote:
I'm using Archicad 11.
This information belongs in your profile.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"