Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

CURVED PANNEL CURTAIN WALLS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

(1)I have been trying to archive culvature in the curtain wall panels as opposed to faceted, but to no success. Anyone with a solution please?
(2) Curtain walls seem to slow down the computer while working in floorplan mode almost as bad as adding a lot of landscape 3d models, is there any way to avoid this?
(3) How can I use double glazzing?
(4) How can I apply different finishing material for exterior and interior on solid panels?
(5) Is there a possibility to use composite structures as in the real world so it shows correct on sections? (AC12, WINXP SP2, INTEL CORE 2, 3.2GHZ, 2G RAM)

Regards,

Alickn

FACETED PANELS.JPG
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
A current feature?/limitation? of the Curtain Wall Tool is that all panels are planar - no curved panels possible with the Tool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rocorona
Booster
alickn wrote:

(4) How can I apply different finishing material for exterior and interior on solid panels?

Defining your own custom panel.
Make it with a simple Slab, and apply the materials you need on the upper/lower surface. Select the slab and save it (File/Library and Objects/Save custom component) as Custom CW Panel.
(3) How can I use double glazzing?

Maybe with a similar procedure

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Hi laszlonagy & Rocorona,

Thanks for the reply. I will try
the custom panel. And thanks for
showing me that I have to save the custom
objects as cw_panel format. This opens the possibility
to harness curtain walls for continuous railings.

Kind Regards,

Alick.
Djordje
Ace
alickn wrote:
This opens the possibility to harness curtain walls for continuous railings.
Also think canopies, pergolas, elevated floors, ceilings ... pretty unlimited, when you get around the working method.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
alickn wrote:
(2) Curtain walls seem to slow down the computer while working in floorplan mode almost as bad as adding a lot of landscape 3d models, is there any way to avoid this?
I have the same question. It's horrible. Once I add only one curtain wall, I am not able to work in plant... Even If I block and hide the wall curtain layer the effect is the same.

If I delete the wall curtain, the program again is working fine.

Any idea of what is happening here? Thank you!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Diana wrote:
alickn wrote:
I have the same question. It's horrible. Once I add only one curtain wall, I am not able to work in plant... Even If I block and hide the wall curtain layer the effect is the same.

If I delete the wall curtain, the program again is working fine.

Any idea of what is happening here? Thank you!!
Did you ever find a solution?