Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Australian Paving Materials

Arcadia
Booster
Does any anyone know of a source of material CAD swatches for good brick & concrete paving materials?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
My advise is to check out archibaseplanet.com
Great source of FREE models & HD textures.
Many thanks to Russians.
Arcadia
Booster
I will certainly have a look here but i was hoping to find actual australian types rather than international or generic ones. Thanks for the tip though - I hadn't heard of this website before.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like to go to the manufacturers websites. Yesterday I used a tile pattern on the Boral site http://www.boral.com.au/roofing/cad_renders_striata_ebony.asp?AUD=buildingDesignProfessional_Rooftil... . I used this texture on a building I am altering and adding too. The textures and scale are just right when the model is Photorendered without the need to scale or adjust the colours, textures, etc. Very handy.

I save the picture in my job file and then load it from the textures dialogue box in the Material Settings.

More and more manufacturers are now setting up accurate pictures that can be used in ArchiCAD eg, bricks, brushfencing, paint, etc.

A Google search within the Pictures setting can also be very useful for finding materials.

Boral have bricks and paving pictures too from my recollection.

I hope this helps.
Arcadia
Booster
Yes the manufacturers website is the first place to start, I've already got a lot of brick swatches from the Boral website but they don't seem to have swatches for paving. I haven't been able to find a manufacturer site with paving swatches. I admit I haven't looked for minor manufacturers but the major national ones of Austral and Boral don't have them as far as I can find. It has to be a proper cad swatch not just a picture as it needs to be even exposure across the image and the tiling needs to match. I'll try more google searching!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!