BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

corner windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I searched and couldn't find an answer to this. I apologize if I didn't look hard enough.

I am trying to place a corner window in a wall. I can get it to place, but the stupid corner function keeps turning off without much logic to it. What might I be missing here?

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
just to give an example. I just changed the MATERIAL and the corner function turned off.
Anonymous
Not applicable
further things I notice:

I need to have a sill. In order to have a sill, the window must be set back, but when I set the window back, it ruins the corner window setting (meaning that awful retarded looking polygon part of the left over wall shows up).

Of course, it would have been MUCH quicker to model everything separately, but as this is a sketch for a client, I may need to change things again and again and again.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Are you making the changes in the CORNER WINDOW tool and NOT the WINDOW tool?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I am using the corner window tool. I had to specifically search it out in some toolbox as it wasn't open for use.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post one or more screenshots about these problems?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
here they are. this is where it is "working" but the wall lengths are not correct.

the second (separate post) is where it has "turned off" but the wall lengths are now correct.
Anonymous
Not applicable
second one
Kuva 3.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You must be doing something unusual because it works for me just fine.
Are you sure you have placed the Windows using the Corner Wall Tool (available in the More group of the Toolbox)? It should place both Window of the Corner Window when you place it near the Corner.
Also, when changing parameters of one Window (including Materials), the corresponding parameters of the other should also change. The only exception to this rule is horizontal sizes as the two component Windows can be of different length.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok.

still no idea as to why the tool doesnt work on walls that are the same length as the window?

well i will keep these things in mind.. especially selecting both when editing.

thanks.
Learn and get certified!