BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

want to run both 9 and 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our office resently upgraded from 9 to 12. I sucessfully installed 12 on my computer and still have 9 up and usable. At the same time, using the same method, I installed 12 on my colleague's computer.

I'm not sure why, but he can no longer use 9 and he'd really like to be able to. How can I re-install 9 on his computer? Do I have to re-re-configure the key and then un-re-configure the key?! Please say no!!
7 REPLIES 7
Thomas Holm
Booster
I have 7, 8.1, 9, 10, 11 and 12 all working on this machine with the same key and no reconfiguring. I can also open them simultaneously if I like to (I don't).

Up to and including 9, the installers won't work on Macintels, you have to transfer a complete working installation from a Mac PPC machine (G3, G4, G5 or whatever).

10, 11 and 12 have distinct Macintel versions.

If his 9 was working fine, the installation of 12 should not affect that. However, to open a project in 9, he'd have to start 9 first and use the Open... command from within the program (always do that if you have several versions installed - the OS will open the last installed version if you just double-click a file).
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think he must have un-installed 9, now I can't seem to re-install. Is this possible?
Karl Ottenstein
Christine wrote:
I think he must have un-installed 9, now I can't seem to re-install. Is this possible?
9 will not install on an Intel Mac only because the installer was designed for PPC. Simply copy the AC 9 folder from your Applications folder into his. Better yet, if your office is now all-Intel, burn a DVD with your AC 9 Applications folder so that you can recover it easily in the future. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Pete
Newcomer
Also, you can download a fully updated version 9 (without library) here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/Fileconverter.html
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Karl Ottenstein
Pete wrote:
Also, you can download a fully updated version 9 (without library) here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/Fileconverter.html
Great catch, Pete! GS HQ has talked about providing a download page such as that for some time - and I must have missed the announcement. This is a great resource, having downloadable versions of AC 7 and AC 9 for file conversion. Good for them.

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Pete
Newcomer
As is typical, I don't think they did announce that great idea. I just plain stumbled onto it.

Btw Karl, how close are you to "ground zero" in Bozeman? Amazing the small number of casualties, given such a powerful blast. My niece is attending MSU and my sister was visiting at the time. Yikes!
Pete
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Karl Ottenstein
Pete wrote:
Btw Karl, how close are you to "ground zero" in Bozeman? Amazing the small number of casualties, given such a powerful blast. My niece is attending MSU and my sister was visiting at the time. Yikes!
Pete
For others reading, there was a leak in a natural gas line causing the explosion of several buildings downtown here. Tragic that one woman was killed, but a blessing that no others were given that it happened at the start of the day and masonry blocks flew several stories into the air and covered 6 lane wide (including 2 parking lanes) Main Street. Windows were blown out for blocks around.

I was blowing snow out of my driveway 10 miles away at the time and did not hear the blast over the snow-thrower engine, but on one pass down the drive, I had a beautiful view of the mountains, and on the next pass I looked down towards town and saw a huge column of black smoke and couldn't imagine what it was...

Karl
Learn and get certified!