Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Presentation Comments Please!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be grateful for any comments on both the perspective rendering and elevation rendering that we have recently produced. This is our first attempt at presentation renderings since receiving Dwight's fantastic book - thanks Dwight!

View 1 Render.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is the elevation
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nice! Congratulations!
Now critique:
- You should put more detail om your model to make it alive - window sills, something to cover the top of the walls, openable parts of the windows, door handles, some external light fixtures (above the doors). All this is easy to do in AC but had great effect.
- Windows should be darker - adds to a better contrast.
- Wood texture looks like furniture.Desaturate it a bit.
- White wall is too white and plastic - add bump.
- Pavement must be much, much darker.
- Glass on the balcony glows like a lamp - it's easier to correct it in Photoshop.
- Hedges look artificial - they always do 😉.
- Try to desaturate the plants like the background.
- Grass is great!

And post back!
Erika Epstein
Booster
Lovely atmosphere!
-Set a focus for each view so the client will want to walk into the project. Now, in the perspective the viewer is led into a dark corner. On the elevation the top floor walls reflect light as though the light is shining straight onto them. yet the shadows show light coming from the right.
-how about a little warm light where you enter?
-in elevation shot the figure on the left is walking out of the render and taking the viewer with them
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I really like the building and the overall composition of the rendering. The foreground shadows and the background trees are very effective.

As someone with very limited rendering skills, I have a few thoughts for what they are worth. Maybe it's my screen, but the overall rendering seems to lack sparkle and contrast. Sort of like there is a light mist in the air!

On a sunny day, I think if I were standing there the real building would have much more color and contrast. Perhaps you intentionally muted the rendering or maybe some of the settings were off? I'm sure Dwight would know what, if anything should be adjusted.

I agree the windows would look better darker and less reflective, but that might be the way they would really look. I don't mind the ground being light as it does look like the color of natural concrete.

The rendering aside for a moment, when the real building is built it'll look great!
Dwight
Newcomer
You've played it safe with the composition - nothing inviting about it - it almost seems to shy away from the viewer - try a view more to the left.

yes to the dark driveway.

Find a way to get some clouds in the sky.

I will do some photoshop on it :

LEVELS = 40, .95, 232

Dark color burn to foreground.

A tiny crop and you are done.

BTW: you must have display gamma trouble since the image seems washed out..... or is it just me?
Dwight Atkinson