Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

It's Time... ArchiStair 2.0

Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear friends,

in the next two weeks we will start the release of the new ArchiStair 2.0

If you would like to see a quick overview about the new functions introduced by this major update you can look the movies we just upload on our YouTube channel:

Click here to see the ArchiStair movies on YouTube

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
27 REPLIES 27
Karl Ottenstein
Watching the Cigraph Channel 🙂 ... I think I like this link better than the one you gave, Fabrizio:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D2001221C4197EFF

since I can read the names of each video to see what each covers. Maybe it is just my Safari screen, but on the video link that you gave, I cannot tell what any video will tell me about until I click on it, as the titles are truncated.

I'm really happy to see the railing / balstrade example in video 4 (Custom Railing) at rougly time code 5:00 through 6:07 where you generate a continuous balustrade up the stairs and along a balcony by selecting the stairs and the balcony slab. With the ArchiCAD stairs (StairMaker or library), it is all but impossible to get a balustrade that not just matches visually, but joins properly where you transition from the stairs to the balcony. This and so many other features in your videos look just fantastic!

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dennis Lee
Booster
I think it is very nice as well. I have to however, be the mean person and ask you this question:
When AC13 comes out whenever it does, is the ArchiStair compatibility upgrade going to be available at the same time or within a reasonable period (weeks, not months)?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Dennis Lee,

Usually we release the compatibility update the same date the new ArchiCAD comes to the market (sometime also before!).
I have to say "usually" just because this last time (compatibility updates for ArchiCAD 12) we had a big delay (about two-three months from the International release of AC 12) but it was due to the fact that we introduced the new protection system based on hardware dongle.
This meant to totally change the way we handled the sales and the users data.
Another issue was the fact we decided to send to all our registered users a free of charge dongle and this slowed down the whole process.
It won't be the same for ArchiCAD 13 (we won't change the protection system ) so we will release the compatibility updates in time.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio:

I sent this to you directly, perhaps you didn't receive it:

Thank you for answering my post in the forum. I used the word baluster when I should have used the word newel in my question to you.

The stairs that are very common in the U.S. for residential are a post (newel) at the first tread and at all four corners of an intermediate landing and at the top landing (this post is usually part of the balcony guardrail, which is now required to be higher than the stair handrail).

The balusters in between the newels are usually full height from the tread to bottom of the handrail with no intermediate horizontal rails. They are usually three to a tread as the gap between them must be less than 4". (see attached pdf.)

This handrail design is very common and is what many architects use for plan check with the building departments and for preliminary bidding. Later the design might change during construction.

I really hope that I will be able to do this in ArchiStair 2 (I have version 1) as I think this will be very useful to many of the architects in the U.S.

Thank you,

Don Lee
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don
There seems to be a problem with your pdf not downloading.
At least it would not for me. Reset post yet still would not download.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I should include it in the post itself instead of a download, but couldn't find a way to do it. Any suggestions?

thanks,

Don Lee
Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying again. Seems to work as a download in the preview mode.

Don Lee
Anonymous
Not applicable
Download worked fine now.

To include image in post look below text entering box.
It says "Browse" to the right of box to
add attachment.
Click in this box and it should open access to your
file structure.
Find your file.
I prefer png's or jpegs, don't know about
other file types.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Don,
Sorry but I'm in Malta now and answering you using my iPhone is not so comfortable. For now let me just answer yes you can do it!
Fabrizio Diodati