BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Logitech MX revolution problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
just purchased - like the feel, etc., but having trouble programming for AC - called Logitech and all they can tell me is they know of problems, see if there is a third party fix out there. it seems i can program the buttons,etc. in the Logitech control center - but they don't work when i run AC. i also have an issue with the scroll zoom as it is too fast and uncontrollable all too often.

Maybe this mouse won't work for AC - any recommendations for a cordless mouse of this type(many buttons to program) and size?
5 REPLIES 5
Erich
Contributor
David,

Do a search for Logitech this question has been asked and answered previously (In the bar at the top of the screen ). From memory there is a program called Steermouse (sp?) that addresses the issues with the Logitech drivers.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Pete
Newcomer
Just bought that mouse too. Took some fiddling with settings but got zoom/pan and custom buttons to work on Leopard and XP side of my Mac. Read the MX install instructions thoroughly regarding zoom. I went to the Logitech website and got info as well as updating the driver.

In OSX, I had to enable access for assistive devices in the universal access dialog of system preferences.

For PC, I don't know what I did. I set wheel button to middle button for pan to work. I messed around with settings and Zoom works now but I can't replicate what I did.

Great mouse now that it works. (I do wish it was bluetooth though)
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Karl Ottenstein
I've been using the MX Revolution for nearly a year and have been completely happy with it under OS 10.5 using SteerMouse:

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/

All buttons programmable, etc., even by application. US$20 though.

(Eduardo Rolon recommended SteerMouse for Logitech on these forums a year ago, for which I'm still grateful.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
Thanks Karl,

My old MX Laser decided to finally die last week and I just bought the MX Revolution, working fine with Steermouse. The other software you could use is USB Overdrive which is donation ware.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Steermouse updated today to version 4 which makes it compatible with SL 10.6.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!