BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Incorrect scaling of drawings by line tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
My plans do not scale today.....the line tool gives a reading that is 30% + over what the it was drawn at..... and the Document/scale indication is correct...what gives? and how can this be corrected. I am at a loss...and so therefore so are my clients...

Thanks, Paul
9 REPLIES 9
Erika Epstein
Booster
Paul,
You've been here to long to not know how important not have your OS and AC version as part of your signature could be to the answer.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
So sorry fir the oversight....but I am distraught.

If I understand your request:
I am using: AC12 completely updated
On a new: MAC Pro with 2 s 2.26 quad-Core intel Xeon 8GB 1066 MHa DDR3

Hope that this helps you....and then me
Paul
Karl Ottenstein
Paul,

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the line tool ... I assume you're using it instead of the Measure Tool to measure something on a placed drawing, and are finding that the drawing is 30% enlarged?

If that's the case, open your Drawing Settings and see if the zoom (Magnification) factor is something other than 100%. Easy to mess that up if stretching a viewport with the wrong pet palette icon.

Cheers,
Karl

PS Please click on the text link at the upper right of this page that says "Profile" and copy your AC and machine information into your signature so that it will appear automatically in all posts as you see with Erika's and mine. Thx.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl
However after 10 years or so...I started on AC 7 I know nothing about the Drawing Settings..or how to get to it to set it correctly....if you have those directions I will be overjoyed to try.

And search as much as I can these old eyes did not see anyplace on the Profile listing to list or update my computer etc info....

Thanks again, Paul
Erika Epstein
Booster
Where to fill in OS, specs and AC versionafter opening Profile window
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
Where to check or set scaling factor for drawing placed on layout in the Info box.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your try
but I cannot find anything that look like the dialogue box that you show on my computer....
I assume that if the Tracker can be reset or...? all could be OK but ArchiCAD in all of its brilliance does not include anything that basic in their Reference Guide book or on line....

Paul
Erika Epstein
Booster
Paul,
Select the drawing.
Open its settings box cmd/ctrl+T.
3. On the PROPERTIES tab 3rd line down on the left "MAGNIFICATION"

As I write this, I am wondering if you are measuring while looking at a layout? If so , the scale will be 1:1 just as the size of the layout is in full inches.

The drawings you place are scaled at whatever view you saved them at UNLESS as Karl described you accidentally overrode the magnification.

Perhaps a screen shot from you showing the settings box or Info Box on the layout with measure tool active...?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Karl Ottenstein
atelier wrote:
does not include anything that basic in their Reference Guide book or on line....
The (PDF or printed) Reference Guide, US Version, page 25: Drawing Scale and subsequent screenshot.

The online help (screenshot) has a page called Drawing Tool Settings It mentions the settings dialog when a drawing is selected (highlighted in green as in Erika's screenshot), but not the Info Box. Same as all tools - get to the settings dialog by cmd-T (ctrl-T), menu command, double clicking the tool, or clicking the tool icon in the Info Box. Generally, the Info Box is an alternative for many things in the Settings dialog.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!