BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

detail markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
The detail markers in AC12 do not seem to be stretchable. What am I missing? Under marker geometry/working mode/ editable polygon I can get them to stretch, but it does not make sense that this should be the only way they can be made adjustable. It turns out that marker range has to be turned on to make this work? This is a TOTALLY arcane i.e. impossible to figure out way for these markers to work, and why shouldn't the follow clipping working mode work. These kinds of impossible complications to the software, along with no reference to how to make them work in the help menu make Archicad a frustrating program. That is not the way things should be working. How am I going to brag about my software if it is so hard to use?

The markers should work without having to turn on some hidden button. If they must have the button a pop up alert should warn the user about how to turn it on, not assume we have hours of patient time to hunt around for the answer. I called Graphisoft and my reseller and neither knew how to fix this problem, instead I had to use Architalk, waste lots of time, and my goodness folks I am shocked at the obtuseness of this software, and I have been using it since version 4. Bill Roslansky
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
I suppose this is a wish ... but I'm not sure what the wish is, other than that things are less complicated?

Now that you know how things work, it won't take half a second to adjust things in the future.

I, too, found the detail adjustment confusing when the feature was first introduced...and most new users don't figure it out, so I agree with you there. But, it is useful to have separate 'modes' for stretching the snapshot view (cut) vs the graphic marker/outline. I'd rather have a proposal to vote on than just that I don't like something, so will wait to vote.

I just searched the PDF Ref Guide and the online help and found nothing about editing detail markers, so that is definitely a serious thing. How would anyone have a clue and not be completely frustrated ... as you have been?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Karl wrote:
I just searched the PDF Ref Guide and the online help and found nothing about editing detail markers, so that is definitely a serious thing. How would anyone have a clue and not be completely frustrated ... as you have been?
AC14 and it's still no where to be found in online help or the reference guide. I too was confused and frustrated, as I knew this could be done. Thank goodness for ArchiTALK
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!