BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Brand Spanking New GDL Book

Cadimage Tools scripting wizards have written a big book on GDL - to be published shortly.

http://blog.cadimagetools.com/
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
106 REPLIES 106
Dwight
Newcomer
Because you know the havoc one misplaced comma can cause.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Dwight wrote:
Because you know the havoc one misplaced comma can cause.
...or one typo in a variable name
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my copy yesterday and had a flick through it last night. It's fantastic, there's obviously been a lot of work go into. Nice job Andrew!
Anyone that's into GDL/computer code/mathematics will love it. If your not into that run, as it won't be for you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks sdb.

Yes a lot of time and effort has gone into the GDL Handbook. I've tried to cover the most generally useful topics. My aim was to assume very little prior knowledge, but at the same time to provide some extra insights and extensions that are derived from years of trial and error.

I hope you find it valuable, and await your review!

BTW, All the examples and sub-routines are available as a downloadable LCF. There were one or two typos in the book itself that have been ironed out in the downloadable library.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it's great, i'll post a proper review once i've given it a proper read.
Yes i got sent the download LCF which is very helpful, saves having to type a lot of stuff out.
kevin b
Contributor
How do we get the downloadable lcf? I have the book but didn't get any info on downloading anything?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
There should be a slip of paper inside the front cover with instructions as to how to download the lcf file. I'll email the instructions, Kevin. If anyone else is missing the instructions for downloading the lcf file, email me at andrew@cadimagetools.com.

Note that you should extract the files from the container using the File > Libraries and Objects > Extract a Container menu item inside ArchiCAD.
kevin b
Contributor
Ah, you mean the little slip of paper I flipped aside as I search through the front few pages looking for instructions.

Got it.

Thanks Andrew, haven't gottn to deep into it yet but looks great.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Erich
Contributor
My copy arrived today.

I have only just started to page through it but it is obvious that Andrew has created a VERY good resource for those of us that muck around with GDL or those that want to learn.

Thanks
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Erika Epstein
Booster
How are NEW to GDL users finding this new Handbook?

How are more experienced GDL users finding this new Handbook?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!