BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Scaled dimension text not behaving

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Hate asking stupid questions - but how do I get the dimensions to scale in the layouts? I place dimensions in the project at a suitable size for 1:100 layouts, but now I need a 1:25 layout and the dimension text is massive!

Please help,
Henry

Update:

I just read http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=25645&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0&sid=5b95...

which deals with the problem but does not help me.

Here is a screenshot of my LAYOUT on A3 paper. Exactly the same view but at 2 different scales. The title "TYPICAL SECTION" is at 3.5mm. Now the dims in 1:25 are going to print EVEN BIGGER! And in 1:100 you can hardly see them. The dimtext is scaling in relation to the scale but shouldn't. How do I get the dimtext to appear 2mm on the layout regardless of scale?
4 REPLIES 4
rocorona
Booster
Change the scale of the drawing BEFORE saving it as a View.

My English skill is not enough to explain it deeply, but sure someone will do if you need some further.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Henry:

Also see this thread:

Dimension marker size should be as small as text size

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, works well in a rounabout kinda way!

While I am on the subject, I work in mm, so if something is 1m it gives me 1,000 and I want 1000 - how do I get rid of the comma?

Ta,
H
rocorona
Booster
Henry wrote:
, I work in mm, so if something is 1m it gives me 1,000 and I want 1000 - how do I get rid of the comma?
If I undestend it correctly, I think you have to change the setting in your system (PC control panel).

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10