Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

.3ds add on

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All.
I am looking for a version 12 add on for importing .3ds models into archicad but the latest version i found it for was 10.
Do you guys know if there is or where i would find a newer one?
or if the v.10 one works?
7 REPLIES 7
Dwight
Newcomer
Rakela Raul
Participant
and it works well
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Chazz
Enthusiast
Rakela wrote:
and it works well
So long as you don't mind polygon-heavy tessellated abominations.

Still, when I needed a model of a human hand, or a female torso (actually I had to cut her poor head off) this was the only way to go....
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
So - is it possible to import 3ds models into archiCAD|| I have engaged an assistant who has modelled one of my projects using the unmentionable - and I want to utilise some of the prior bits| Is it worthwhile?
owen
Newcomer
archidevo wrote:
So - is it possible to import 3ds models into archiCAD|| I have engaged an assistant who has modelled one of my projects using the unmentionable - and I want to utilise some of the prior bits| Is it worthwhile?
Depends on what you want to use the prior bits for? The 3DS import will bring them in as a single GDL object which you will probably find unsuitable for both 2D (plan) and 3D views due to poor handling of triangulation of surfaces. It will also be quite uneditable in ArchiCAD (well you can perform SEO's on it, but thats about it).

If you just want it as some sort of reference when re-modelling everything in ArchiCAD elements it may be worth it, but not much more.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I know this is a fairly old post - BUT need help pretty urgently.

I have 3DStudio out in my add-on manager list, but not 3DStudio In.

We are running Archicad 13 and Max 2009.

Is there a 3DS In add on available for Archicad 13?
If so - where do I find it?
If not - Is there any other way of importing a Max model into Archicad?

Thanks!
Eduardo Rolon
Under Help -> Archicad Downloads

should take you there.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator