BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCad 12 problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I have recently upgraded from Archicad 11 to Archicad 12. The move was going smooth until I realized that a problem. Normally when I make a slab for example, the level I input under geometry and positioning to project zero tends to correspond to the value I want for the bottom of the slab . Instead, here it is corresponding to the top of the slab instead. This is quite confusing for me and I am wondering if there are any options I can set to change it back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Erich
Contributor
You are experiencing the default behavior of slabs...

From the help menu:
Note: Slab elevation is measured to the top surface of the Slab. By default, this value is set to coincide with the zero level of the current/home story. This means that the elevation of the bottom surface of the slab is obtained by subtracting the thickness from the value shown in the elevation field.
This is the same behavior as in AC 11. If you think you have experienced something else, I would take a careful look at your previous settings. I know of no switch or setting to change this (although AC has many such hidden settings ':)')
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Woke up this morning and realised that I was being stupid. Amazing what ideas will enter one's mind with lack of sleep and plenty of stress.
Learn and get certified!