BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Where to keep fonts for archciad on a mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all.
Where should I be putting my fonts that I want to use in archicad on a mac?
I went to hard drive then to LIbraries then to fonts and I put them in that folder but I still do not see them available for Archicad.
5 REPLIES 5
Thomas Holm
Booster
You can put them in (HDname)/Library/Fonts (for all users of the machine) or (HDname)/(username)/Library/Fonts (for one specific user, to use them you have to log in as that user). You have to restart Archicad after installing the fonts. If that doesn't work, restart the machine. If that doesn't work, something is wrong with the font file you used, or you put it in the wrong place. Or you're using a font manager that hasn't allowed them!

Fonts have to be outline fonts of some kind, either TrueType (.dfont), Open Type (.otf) or Postscript (often withput extension) Old Macintosh bit-mapped font suitcases (no extension) also work, if they contain an outline font as well or go together with a Postscript font. You can also use Windows TrueType (.ttf) or OpenType (.otf) fonts as well without modification, but I'm not sure about Windows Postscript variants.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
schagemann
Enthusiast
in addition to the above suggestions, in true mac simplicity you may simply try to double click on the font file which will open up font book (/Applications/Font Book.app) which first of all gives you a preview if a valid font file, but then also allows you to install and activate the font to your system.

note that depending on how an application loads fonts you may still have to restart the app or at least log out from your user account before the new font becomes available.

btw. this should work on 10.4 & 10.5 forgot about earlier versions, but presumably they work the same way... btw. nice you finally came to the bright side, please update OS versions in your signature.

ds.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Anonymous
Not applicable
schagemann wrote:
... btw. nice you finally came to the bright side, please update OS versions in your signature.

ds.

Ah! Oh my goodness, no I didn't my "trusty Dell" is sent for servicing. I am flopping around like a fish our of water here with this mac.
schagemann
Enthusiast
what a shame... all i can say my first ever experience with a mac was relatively similar, because as a windows user in the early 90s i did not fully grasp the true meaning of drag and drop - bringing me back to your problem and probably the one advise that will help you the most: "simply double click" and the mac will hopefully do the thinking for you... at least on the OS level.

good luck,

ds.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Ah! Oh my goodness, no I didn't my "trusty Dell" is sent for servicing. I am flopping around like a fish our of water here with this mac.
Jess, are your fonts working now?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!