BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BIM Content Needs Survey

Anonymous
Not applicable
McGraw Hill Construction is promoting a survey on the BIM(VB) users opinion concerning the lack of good building product models.

I would strongly recommend all ArchiCad users to go over there and spend 5 minutes on it. I think it is important that building product manufacturers don´t get cornered into doing products just for one software.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=mCpjNgj0KlAIyrpcHqmzDg_3d_3d
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Done. Only 17 questions so doesn't take very long.

Interesting survey. I wonder if they will listen?

I did make a point at the end about perhaps hassling the BIM software makers for better interoperability, so perhaps eventually it would be possible to use one intelligent object in any BIM software, rather than devote resources to create individual objects specific to each software. Preferably this should be in an open format, so no-one can 'own' it. (How about .bim?!)

There is nothing more annoying to find there is a revit object available but no GDL object!

Thanks for pointing it out, Miguel!
Erika Epstein
Booster
Thanks for pointing this out Miguel. It is a very important subject.
I completed the questionnaire.
I agree with Peter's comments.
IFC and Interoperability.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
owen
Newcomer
done .. its up to AC users to make sure BIM does not just default to Autodesk like 2D CAD did
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
owen wrote:
done .. its up to AC users to make sure BIM does not just default to Autodesk like 2D CAD did
I couldn't agree more and filled out the survey to reflect that in the appropriate places.

Thanks for letting us know about this survey.
Rakela Raul
Participant
done..

a little too long x me 😉
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
owen wrote:
Couldn't agree more. We've been working and talking manufacturers into BIM integration for a while now. However in the last 6 months we've noticed Autodesk has really turned up their marketing machine. I'm based in NZ (where AC has far more users than revit). But sadly a lot of manufacturers have heard of Revit content but not AC. They all have dwgs so they think Revit is just the next step/upgrade.
So yeah, it's up to all of us AC users to make sure we get the content we need and don't end up in a world of Revit families.
Erich
Contributor
Krippahl,

Thanks for pointing out the survey. Hopefully we will all be heard over the Revit noise.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Done
Learn and get certified!