Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Object Parameters Kept but Sub Type Changed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I am sill learning to get up to speed with AC.

If I have say a Window that I want to change from being say awning to sliding and want to keep all the other parameters, how do I do this without having to reset all the other parameters or having to create a favorites library.

There must be a quick way of doing this, does anybody know how?

Thanks,

Manuel.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
mthd wrote:
Hi,
I am sill learning to get up to speed with AC.

If I have say a Window that I want to change from being say awning to sliding and want to keep all the other parameters, how do I do this without having to reset all the other parameters or having to create a favorites library.

There must be a quick way of doing this, does anybody know how?

Thanks,

Manuel.
On an MS Windows system you CTRL+ALT click on the new awning window as you select it in the library.
This will inject all the parameters from the sliding window into the awning window.
Any of the parameters that are the same between both the windows will be transferred.
Parameters that are different will not be transferred.

I'm not sure what the key board command is on a Mac system.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
on a mac it's command(apple) and alt.
so pick up the properties of the awning window you have (on plan), select it as well (again on plan), then open the library and inject the parameters onto the sliding window (IN the library in the left hand pane). click ok. now your window in your model will have changed to the sliding window, same width, height, location etc...
HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow thanks guys neat trick

Cheers Barry from WA.

Efharisto Xristina from the UK.

Thanks for your time.