Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curtain walls?? and tornado...

Anonymous
Not applicable
heey, i'am still new to archicad and i'am trying to develop a curtain wall that has slanted- crossed frames like the building tha appears when you open the archicad, is there is an easy way to do that or can i import or add an add on or sth??

my second question is that i need to make the shape of a tornado , with the wide diameter at the top and the small one at the bottom, how can i do that? and it would be really helpful if details on the process it provided, thanks
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
hunya wrote:
heey, i'am still new to archicad and i'am trying to develop a curtain wall that has slanted- crossed frames like the building tha appears when you open the archicad, is there is an easy way to do that or can i import or add an add on or sth??
If you use the Search feature of the forum and search for curtain AND wall AND angle, you will get some threads about this, such as:

curtain wall problem again

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
mmm thanks for thr tip 😉 although i didn't yet manage to do it on the curved wall...
can you suggest anything for the tornado shape?
thanks again
Dwight
Newcomer
To actually make a tornado is tricky: the complex profile can only make a symmetric funnel. That is realistic if it is a nasty wide dark tornado.

If you want a whimsical tornado - say, the kind that would only throw your car and not your barn - It needs to snake down like in the Wizard of Oz.

Explore the GDL command RULED [2] to make an irregular taper that will dance around.

Good luck - you are at the limits of Archicad making a tornado.

"They called the wind Mariah and they called the tornado Rossini"
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
hey thanks i discovered that archicad is not limited as i thought before, but those are too complex for me since i was just starting to learn how to curve a wall two weeks ago i was thinking of making small cylindrical wall segments and connect them or sth that would be easy at my level,
pls if you have other thughts share them with me thanks
Thomas Holm
Booster
hunya wrote:
hey thanks i discovered that archicad is not limited as i thought before, but those are too complex for me since i was just starting to learn how to curve a wall two weeks ago i was thinking of making small cylindrical wall segments and connect them or sth that would be easy at my level,
pls if you have other thughts share them with me thanks
Complex profile is the name of the tool, not its characteristics. You just draw a contour shape with fills, save it and then apply it to a wall or a beam or column. Try to read the docs, do step-by-step what the Help file says. (Remember: right-click when you're in a tool dialog takes you to the right place in the Help file)
It's easy!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1