Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Element 2D to 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, how do you identify a select object in 3d, in the floor plan?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, do you mean how do you slect an object in 2d and see it in 3d? If so you can click on any object you msy like to see-right clikcna dgo to view selection in 3d, then you will see only that object in 3d. hope that helps?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You start with object select in 3D,then you go floor plan and see the same object steel selected
Erika Epstein
Booster
Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
If you are having trouble finding an object created in your 3D window in your floor plan, try giving it a unique ID so you can use that with find and select back in the floor plan window.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I thought there was an other easy way; but it works
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also use the selections palette (windows>palettes>selection) to save a selection. Select the elements in 3D, save the selection in the selection palette, go to 2D and activate the selection again from the selection palette.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be a nice little feature if you could just select any object or objects in 3d or in section/elevation and be able to highlight them in the appropriate floorplan window if necessary.

There is a similar function in the schedules window already, so having that button in the right-click menu all the time could be a useful enhancement.

Perhaps someone should make a wish for it? I'd vote!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The 'Selections' palette will let you create a selection in any window, and then select them in any other window. So it will get you almost all the way there. What it won't do is take you to the correct story, so you still need to manually find the story it belongs to.

Cheers,
Link.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Link wrote:
you still need to manually find the story it belongs to..
If you turn the Info-tag popup on in your "work environment", it will tell you, in the 3D window, which story the object is on.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I add button "Select in 3D" to my work environment?
Using "Selections" it's ok, but not ideal.