Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

missing faces in hotlink modules

drh64
Contributor
I am working on a mutli family project and I am hot linking the unit plans into the master building model.

some of the faces disappear. is this because of my graphics card or a settings problem?

also, the the units do not always update when they are saved....

thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Perhaps a screenshot showing us which 'faces' (other than shy residents) are disappearing?

For example are they related to certain stories? Do both the number and heights of your stories in all files match?

If they don't match in height, some elements may be there but hidden behind something. You can check this in the 3D window setting it to wireframe.

If a story is missing, add it to the file and then the missing 'faces' will appear as if by magic. Seriously though, the information is in the module, but can't show until the story is resides on is visible in the file.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
drh64
Contributor
screenshot attached
Picture 1.jpg
Thomas Holm
Booster
I've had the same issues with to many shaky window objects which made the wall disappear. Remove and replace the windows cured it.
I've not seen it specifically with modules though.

Also check that the wall isn't accidentally duplicated in the same place.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Erika Epstein
Booster
I've seen this occasionally with custom profile walls. As Thom notes, replacing windows can help. Sometimes I've had to replace the wall itself as well. Remember that replacing elements loses associated elements such as dimensions that were attached to the original... in all views!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I've seen this problem occur ( a long time ago) when the wall is SEO'd. I vaguely recall that it may have had something to do with windows too. Maybe this will help you narrow it down?

Cheers,
Link.