BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MEP - electrical

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I missing something or are there no export dictionaries for AutoCAD MEP electrical to ArchiCAD? When trying to export some conduit created in AutoCAD I get message ** There is no exportable MEP object in the drawing!
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Cannot really understand your question.

Are you trying to import AutoCAD MEP into ArchiCAD, or do you somehow want to export ArchiCAD elements in a way that they show up in AutoCAD MEP as MEP elements?

Please give your version/platform information.

The ArchiCAD MEP add-on (extra cost option) lets you import AutoCAD MEP.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I am exporting from AutoCAD MEP (electrical conduit) and importing into ArchiCAD MEP for further editing. The ArchiCAD connection in AutoCAD MEP has a listing of "export options (dictionaries)" mapping of parts to parts . There doesn't seem to be one related to electrical. Again I could be missing something, but even in ArchiCAD MEP I only see cable trays, no conduit (there is piping)
Learn and get certified!