Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Plotmaker 9.0 slow after switching to new PC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Our office has recently switched to new PCs (exact models). But somehow our Plotmaker 9.0 performs worse than before. Whenever we try to drag a drawing to a different location there seems to be a lag. It also happens with text boxes. Our AC 9.0 works just fine.

We suspect it is because of the graphics cards. But the new ones are actually supposedly faster than the old ones. Any other reasons?

This is the info from my old PC:
Archicad 9. Windows XP Pro SP3. Intel Pentium 4, 3.2GHz, 1.0 GB or RAM, ATI RADEON X600 256 MB.

My new PC info is in my signature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please let me know if you need any more info. The lag is killing me! (You know how it is when you're used to a faster performance and now you're going at snail speed.)
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Since AC 9 can only use one processor core, I would think that your old machine would be faster than your new one, other than if you are doing large models and need the extra memory of the new one.

Cannot think of anything that would cause PM to lag.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Karl wrote:
Cannot think of anything that would cause PM to lag.
Other than that AC9 or PM9 (five years old) has never been tested or certified for modern dual-core hardware, graphics cards, or SP3. Five years is a long time for computers.

You should upgrade Archicad.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it. Thank you, both!