Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Wall thickness in Door and window schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, does anybody know if there is a way to add the wall thickness in door and window schedule?

Thanks
21 REPLIES 21
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Giuseppe,
It seems that Doors do not have this parameter so you will have to modify the Doors in your Project.
Here is how to do it:
1. Select the Door on the Floor Plan and use File\Libraries and Objects\Open Object to open it for editing.
2. In the Library Editor Dialog, click New to create a new parameter for the Door. It will appear at the bottom of the list of parameters.
3. In the Variable field enter WallThk, in the Name field enter Wall Thickness.
4. Click the Parameter Script button on the Left to go to the Parameter Script of the Door.
5. Enter the following in the Parameter Script:

PARAMETERS WallThk = WALL_THICKNESS

6. Save your changes.

Note: If your Door is in an LCF file, you will need to save it under a new name because you it cannot be saved back into the LCF file. However, in that case you would have to change all instances of the Door to this new Door object. So the best would be to first extract the LCF into a folder, load that folder as your Library, open the Door for editing, save changes and then you can recreate the LCF if that is better for you (in that case the standard ArchiCAD Door will be overwritten).

So basically what these above steps do is they create a new parameter for the Door into which will be loaded the value of the thickness of the Wall enclosing the Door.
I tried it and it works for me on various Wall thicknesses.

7. Create your Door Schedule similarly to the Window Schedule by adding this parameter of the Door to the parameter to be listed.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszo Thanks again, I'll try tonight, but I am sure it will works,
I let you know
Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I tried but it doesn't read the thickness of the wall automatically.
Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I was WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made a mistake on the parameters script.
Now works.
you have been so kind and helpful; please I want to ask an other question how link details of Jam Sill and Head in the same schedule with drawing in the layout?
Thanks a lot laszlo.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
giuseppe wrote:
Hi, I was WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made a mistake on the parameters script.
Now works.
you have been so kind and helpful; please I want to ask an other question how link details of Jam Sill and Head in the same schedule with drawing in the layout?
Thanks a lot laszlo.
You are welcome.
Regarding your latest question: can you post an image or drawing of what exactly would you like to have listed in the schedule?
Or maybe I misunderstand something: you want to link something in the schedule to a drawing on a layout?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for the answer Laszlo.
How can I link the test of the row in the picture to a sheet or a drawing?
Thanks.
Head Sill Jam schedule.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Giuseppe,
I honestly don't know what you are trying to do.
Can you elaborate more?
Maybe some sketch or a more detailed description of what you are trying to do would be helpful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo
I would like to associate the text that I put on the parameters of the door: "Sill det, Jam det, Head detail" to a drawing in the sheet so if I move the drawing to another sheet it updates automatically
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be a great feature if you could actually refer to actual drawing numbers in a schedule (an autotext reference?), which would stay linked even if renumbered.

Until this happens it is still a manual process, although you can speed this up by selecting the doors on plan that share the same details and select 'List Floor Plan Selection Only' in the right-click menu on the door schedule in navigator, and then use the 'uniform items as single entry' button to help you to enter data into multiple doors at the same time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I already try with autotext but it doesn't work.
I guess the only option is "manually".
Thanks.
P.S.
I am open for others suggestions