Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Bathtub drain

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else notice the library part "Bath-Tub 12" has a problem? When you set the width different than the original width, the drain location gets out of center, so to speak. I cannot find a setting to change this.

Anyone know of a "trick" or is this a bug that needs to be fixed? I m drawing 2D tubs as of now...
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe it's to do with MEP connections. AC automatically hides all the connection details if you don't have MEP installed. The waste is connection 3.

I guess the old AC11 version would work 'normally*'? Is there one in the migration library perhaps?

(*The one in AC11 was just a dumb symbol that visibly distorted if you stretched the bath too much!)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steven:

I don't know if having the MEP add on makes a difference. There appears to be 3 parameters for the waste connection (ConPosX_3, ConPosY_3, ConPosZ_3) in the library part, with the first 2 controlling the plan position of the drain in the 2D Symbol. These parameters are hidden. You could open the library part and unhide the ConPosX_3 and ConPosY_3 parameters so you can alter them. I don't know what other consequences there are if you are using MEP, but this should be OK if you are just using the tub as a stand alone object. As usual, you should Save As... a copy of the part for editing.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not have MEP installed.

David, I believe you are talking about editing GDL library parts? If so, I have never done this nor do I have any idea how to do this. Unfortunately, our office does not allow us much time to mess around with the program (maybe I should buy a book)....
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steven:

Yes, this involves editing a library part, but this change is relatively simple. You should open the library part, then do a Save As... so you are working on a copy. Unhiding a parameter has been covered before, such as:
Reveal for Terrace Door
A search will probably bring up more threads about this. This might not be the worst place to start getting into GDL, and the benefits can be great.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent, I will delve into this once I get a chance.