Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

D2 commercial Door

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there no double hollow metal door with sidelights or transom? Does graphisoft think that this should not be used and we should just use the curtainwall tool?
10 REPLIES 10
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Millard wrote:
Is there no double hollow metal door with sidelights or transom? Does graphisoft think that this should not be used and we should just use the curtainwall tool?
Ask your ArchiCAD reseller/distributor to get the Modular Joinery object for you - it might be what you're looking for.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or you could get Cadimage's Door and Window Builder!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I want both of these add-ons.
Just waiting for the flow of green backs to pick up, which by the way already has a bit here, also in Sacramento I hear.

Andrew
When you post solutions, could you also post links to make it easier to get to right area?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
lec1212 wrote:
I think I want both of these add-ons.
Just waiting for the flow of green backs to pick up, which by the way already has a bit here, also in Sacramento I hear.
No need to wait - the Modular Joinery object is free. It's also pure GDL - no add-on required.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
"No need to wait - the Modular Joinery object is free."
Well that's great, but hitting stoned wall so far with my repeated questions regarding it.
My dealer in L.A. says can't get it.
Talked with Akos from Hung. G.S. at A.I.A. convention in S.F. a short while ago and he did not know anything about it's release. Also talked with U.S. G.S. headquarters guy, at convention and he had no news.
So, I'm holding my breath,(with great expectations),but my skin is turning blue:-))
Thanks for your help Ralph and your donation to the nations of creatives.
I know it's not you holding it up.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
lec1212 wrote:
My dealer in L.A. says can't get it.
Talked with Akos from Hung. G.S. at A.I.A. convention in S.F. a short while ago and he did not know anything about it's release. Also talked with U.S. G.S. headquarters guy, at convention and he had no news.
All your dealer needs to do is ask Graphisoft UK for the object. They commissioned the object's development and are happy to provide it to other distributors or resellers.

The object was put through the usual testing processes in Hungary, so they know about it there. However, it's a big company and it would be impossible for any one person to know about all the projects going on at the moment. Some work on communication wouldn't hurt - something must be amiss if you can't even get a free object through the distribution channel.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Thomas Holm
Booster
I think I've asked this before, and you may not be the right person to know, but isn't there something like a reseller-only worldwide Depository for things like this? Shouldn't be hard to set up for Graphisoft. And would be a huge resource, long-term, I think. Gergely?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
"- something must be amiss if you can't even get a free object through the distribution channel."

Yep, something is amiss all right!

Middle of last week L.A. dealer could not get it!
Has "heard no news and his contact has no news".

Go figure?
Thanks for the reply Ralph
ps
Graphy, come clean, what's the real deal?
Thomas Holm
Booster
Well, to me GSUK said it was free for subscription licensees, not for all. Otherwise they could post it in the forum depository.

But I think you'll hvae to keep on nagging. Doesn't GS US know about it?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1