Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

perforated wall help plz

Anonymous
Not applicable
i really stuck on hoe to make a perforated wall with random holes which are different sizes
9 REPLIES 9
rocorona
Booster
You can make a Complex Profile, with a lot of circular fills. Assign it to a Beam and use the Beam to make the holes to the Wall.
The "Beam" section can be as big as the wall length*height. Then hide the layer in wich the beam is placed.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
thanks for the reply but i'm stuck on how to hide the layer
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hide the layer = Turn it off in the layer settings.

Put the beam on a special layer dedicated just to objects used for cutting / SEO.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm using the student version on a mac and i still can do it,below is the best i can do.
Picture 17.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Alvin,

We will get there in the end!

In the SEO dialog box select the beam as the operator, select the wall as the target. Choose subtraction as the method, then press execute.

Don't delete the beam afterwards - leave it in position, but turn its layer off in the layer settings.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks you very much for putting up with me,i have now done it thanks for all the help guys
Thomas Holm
Booster
Peter wrote:
Hey Alvin,
In the SEO dialog box select the beam as the operator, select the wall as the target. Choose subtraction as the method, then press execute.
Don't delete the beam afterwards - leave it in position, but turn its layer off in the layer settings.
Hope that helps!
Do you really need SEO for this? I thought beams cut through walls by default? (unless you've changed their intersection priority)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
i don't think i change anything to it.here is a pic anyway
Picture 18.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Peter wrote:
Hey Alvin,
Hope that helps!
Do you really need SEO for this? I thought beams cut through walls by default? (unless you've changed their intersection priority)
I never rely on the natural hole-cutting ability of beams. I always change the layer intersection number of the SEO layer to a deliberately high number so I know any geometry on it will never accidently affect any other walls when turned off. Using SEO puts me in charge of what gets trimmed or subtracted!
Alvin wrote:
i don't think i change anything to it.here is a pic anyway
Nicely done Alvin! What does it look like when rendered? Do you get any beams of light streaming through the holes like in an old Western film?