Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Critique about render

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, so here it's my newest render work, i made it just to practice in my rendering skills in Artlantis, i've tried to make a good scene and well hope u like. Any suggestions, ideas or anything are must welcome

Wuxus
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the second one, i still have to put some details in the scene, like some books, cups of coffe, and maybe some food on the table!
ACCamera02.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally, I'm not fond of the 60's theme. Besides that I think the renderings are very nice, well done.
Dwight
Newcomer
It took orange until the '70's to make it to Canada.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi again, i've making some night scenes but some problems with the reflections have come. the aluminium parts reflects a lot! it looks to much shiny. Some advices???

Thanks
Thomas Holm
Booster
Wuxus wrote:
Hi, so here it's my newest render work, i made it just to practice in my rendering skills in Artlantis, i've tried to make a good scene and well hope u like. Any suggestions, ideas or anything are must welcome

Wuxus
About accamera_175.jpg (the first one):

(Edited) I find the modeling nice. But I think you need to tweak lighting and maybe reflection settings.

The red wall looks a bit oversaturated to me. And the ceiling reflection from it looks unrealistic. You could reduce its saturation, its reflection, change the color of the reflection to something darker, or perhaps try reducing radiosity.

There is a mysterious glow from downunder in the sofa and chairs, but the floor is dark? Do you have a non-shadow-casting 'undersun' like you would need in Lightworks/AC? If that's the case, turn it off, and try to rely on Artlantis' Heliodon in the first place, and complemetary 'real' spot- or pointlights only if needed. Experiment with different time/location/custom directions of the Heliodon. Test a setting where a little sun shines into the room.

Remember to set sunlight to something warm, yellow/orange, and skylight to cool, blue, and then experiment with their power. Artlantis tweaks the Heliodon's light color depending on daytime and location, but you often need to exaggerate a little.

And first of all. you should turn on the infinite ground shader (scenes panel), unless you want the impression of a black ocean outside. This will also affect the overall lighting, in a pleasant way.

The above is mostly learned from Dwight. Get his new book!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Thomas Holm
Booster
PS. Take a look here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=147346#147346
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again, so after a few time of testing with the light and the shaders i came with a improvement that liked me a lot. When i see the first render and this last one definitely wanna keep working with Archicad + Artlantis to get better results. Still have work to do with the night scenes. Hope U like it, Thomas thanks 4 the advices and Dwight thanks 4 the freebie's from Ur Book

Wuxus
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ahh! Now it looks realistic!

Next thing is to lie a bit and make it more attractive. You'll want to sell the design, won't you?

So it's a bit dark, and the outside is overexposed. You could try a number of things:
- perhaps increase radiosity 😉
- explore Dwight's Heliodon settings a bit more
- make the sunlight warmer
- make the glass transparency darker and warmer
- increase skylight power

Edited:
- I forgot - you can add textures to surfaces, walls, ceiling, floor, furniture etc and turn up their Ambient setting to light them up

I'm just suggesting - you need a little more light on the central sofas - a Photoshop lightening of the central part of the image might also cut it.
But this image is so much better than before!