BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Labeled items on plans and in Schedules/Materials lists

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm working on my first schedule/materials list, and after seeing how simple and quick AC (AC12) can do it, I'm really happy!

However, I have not figured out how to quickly add labels in my elevation drawings and on the plans for the different items such as a new stone garden wall.
-IS there an easy way to do this short of making a note, adding custom text to the note, attaching it to the wall and making only it show in the schedule/materials list so I know which one it is, then editing it and returning to the full plan?

I would guess it's a simple solution to label all my stone walls each, and have their number show up in the schedule, right?
Any help or directions much appreciated!

Jena
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
It has been a long-standing wish to be able to schedule labels.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
You might want to check out CADIMAGE KeyNote accessory. Might be a bit pricey, but "looks" good without having actually used it.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Also, I have noticed in the past week or so, that all my ASSOCIATED LABELS for ceiling heights will NOT display unless the layer that the actual ceilngs reside on is turned on.

The labels are on their own layer, but will not display until the ceiling layer is on...

Anyone? I know this worked independently in the past.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
David Shorter
Advisor
There are 2 questions here.
If you use associated labels then they only show when the element is visible. Check it out in elevation to see how this works build a wall label it. move the elevation line to the other side of the wall so the wall is not shown in elevation and the label will be hidden as well.
for the other question, use the object ID, this can be reflected in the ID/object label (associated) and be shown in the schedule...
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a different way of looking at it.

We use the CADImage Keynotes tool as an integrated part of our noting process but some of it's features can be replicated in general labels in Archicad. The following method works for what you are asking but if you want increased functionality then we haven't found anything better than Keynotes.
One of the things that Keynotes does is it uses specific attributes to link Keynotes to. These can be line styles, fills or composites. If you create each wall type as a composite, naming it for the finish you want, then you can use a standard label and label the wall to show it's 'fill' name. Set the label for walls to the correct defaults then select all the walls you wish to label and click the label on.

All the walls will have the correct labels and when the composite is changed the label should automatically follow the construction of the wall.

This should also be able to be scheduled as it's now inherent in the 3D of the wall. See how this goes.
JP-Design wrote:
I would guess it's a simple solution to label all my stone walls each, and have their number show up in the schedule, right?
Any help or directions much appreciated!

Jena
If I understand what you are asking for this is very simple.

Make a schedule that includes the wall ID # and use a label that shows the ID #. Your walls with be labeled and the wall ID's will be in the schedule, along with what ever else you want to show. Height, width, volume, layer name, etc...This works in 3D Document views as well.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!