Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

details from 1 file to another? - best way?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Whats the best way of getting some standard details fron 1 archicad file / project to the other? (without too much work!)

Thanks in advance!
28 REPLIES 28
Brett Brown
Advocate
Yes thanks, but? I think I must be blind.Definitely AC 12 Publishing method "save"
PMK.PNG
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Eduardo Rolon
Brett, you are using 11. PMK's were brought back in 12.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Brett Brown
Advocate
The reason I said definitely 12 for the observant one's
Eduardo Rolon
Brett wrote:
The reason I said definitely 12 for the observant one's
I don't get your point.

You asked why you couldn't see the option ( Blind?) and the answer is that you are using the wrong version of AC. The screenshot from the manual, previously posted, states clearly that this is a AC12 feature and you posted a screenshot of AC11's Publisher as proof that you can not create PMK's, and that there is NO documentation in the Help Files?

____

Let's review

You asked about how to save PMK's in AC12.
I referred to the specific page in the Reference Guide, and made a bad joke about searching pdf's (reason why there were Winks at the end of the comment).

You said that there was no information there about it nor any procedure.
Because those pages DO say something about it I posted the screenshots to try to help.I wrote the procedure and posted were to select the option. I also posted part of the referred manual underlining the relevant options.

Then you posted with a screenshot that does not show PMK as an option.
Yes thanks, but? I think I must be blind.Definitely AC 12 Publishing method "save"
Which I took to mean that you cannot find that option in your publisher. Then I reread your signature and see that you are using AC11 which does not have this option so obviously you cannot use it and you confirmed that is the case.
______

Apparently my mistake was assuming that since you asked how to do something in AC12 you had that version and sent you to read the manual. I did this because you said that you had searched the help files and there was no mention there of this Feature and that the feature was unavailable in the Publisher;
Brett wrote:
Could someone please point me to the instructions for saving a view as a PMK in 12. I've looked in help and there is zero information for a "new feature".
Brett wrote:
Been there,done that, but if you look at both those pages it says absolutely nothing about how to. I can't find anywhere in Publisher to save as PMK. Nothing under "Publisher Set Properties". Nothing under "Document Options"
________

What I don't get is Why you wrote that you can't find or do something if you know that you don't have the correct version of AC?

If I offended you I apologize but I feel that I have wasted my time answering your question.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't know what's going on here and
I may have missed something but
just thought I'd note that
I don't have a pmk option
in 12 full.
So maybe it's something you have to turn on?
Eduardo Rolon
My mistake,

You can save Views as PMK not Layouts.

I'll edit my previous entry. Brett if this is the mistake (and source of my confusion) I apologize again.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Brett Brown
Advocate
No offence taken,appreciate your help. Screen shot as I said is AC 12, exactly like Lecs. Where is the option to publish to PMK? The AC 12 help is woeful as I said. Not a detailed explanation of how to publish to PMK.

Cracked it at long last, Drag a "View" straight from the View map and then the PMK option appears in the publisher. Never done this before (view to publisher) What do people use this for,any advantages?(apart from PMK)
Anonymous
Not applicable
(Update your signature, Brett, to avoid future confusion )
Brett Brown
Advocate
Like you Stuart, haven't upgraded. Just experimenting with 12edu and banking on 13 being a Version that has something worth upgrading for.

Seems PMK is not a reason when using them for details.

How hard can it be to drag an independent detail from one project to another without having to set up another blank independent detail in the target project.