BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC9 educational (student) version update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings,

I have a problem with updating my student version of ArchiCAD 9. I have build #1954 and tried to install hotfix #2219. The installer cannot find the ArchiCAD file, even if I try to set the path manually. Is this my own problem, or is this because educational and commercial version are incompatible? How to update the educational version then?

I have AC12 as well, but I have some older projects in *.pne format of EDU AC9, which cannot be converted to *.pln. Sometimes I need to modify these old projects so I would like to have the latest version of AC9.

Thanks for advice and please excuse my English.

Windows XP
AC12 + Java RE 6 update 13
AC9 + Java RE 1.4.2_17
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When the hotfix installation says that it cannot find your ArchiCAD file, can you manually browse to find the folder in which the file is located?
I think there is such an option in the install program.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I tried to set the folder manually, but still the installer could not find any Archicad. I also tried to uninstall AC12 + JRE6 to prevent any problems vith versions (AC9 did not work with JRE6, only with JRE1.4.2) but it did not help.

Windows XP
AC12 EDU + Java RE 6 update 13
AC9 EDU + Java RE 1.4.2_17
AC update.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry, my Czech is not very good.
What does the message say?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh sorry, it says: There was not found any appropriate Archicad in this folder. Close this dialog, find another location, or click on Cancel and leave the installer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
now i have installed archicad12. after installation when i open can not open. it says vbutils.dll file was not found. please help any one. plsssss

palanikumar_pal@yahoo.co.in
Learn and get certified!