Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Linking elevations & sections to the drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have noticed that all of my Archicad 12 Section, Elevation & Interior Elevation markers have only the 'Custom' text option and not the 'Plotmaker' option which automatically numbered the plan marker when you placed the elevation/section on a drawing. The only one that works is the Section Marker-NCS and I think that is from A9
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Nick:

The option you are looking for is "Referred Drawing", which is an option for the markers that come with ArchiCAD. This option may not be available until a view is placed on a layout.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David, I will try that now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,
Well, I created the interior elevations, saved them as drawings files and mounted them to the elevation sheet. When I go back top the floor plan and select the elevation I still only have the "custom" option, no "Referred Drawing" in either the Marker or Marker Head windows. No page number is showing up on the floor plan referencing the elevation drawing where they are placed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nick

Sounds like you haven't set the reference in the Interior Elevation Settings - image below - set to "First placed drawing"
Picture 1.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having similar issues with not being able to get the multiple elevation marker to read properly. In a marker that I am trying to indicate 4 views of a rectangular room, it will auto-number 2 of them, but not put the sheet number in. I've been struggling with this item for many hours, and am ready to give up. Does this tool work properly for auto-numbering, using a common marker for a group?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bwitty wrote:
Does this tool work properly for auto-numbering, using a common marker for a group?
Anyone had any luck with using the single marker for multiple interior elevations? I've been playing with it and just can't make it show the individual elevation IDs with single marker, I can only get it to work with a marker for each elevation. Very annoying. Am I using this thing incorrectly, or is the marker broken?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Stuart, you were right and now I have been happily placing elevations ever since!