BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Trace Reference not showing all of view

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having a strange and frustrating problem in my office with one particular file. Views that are used as trace references are not showing up with all the walls or other elements in the view we are referencing them into. (ie: reference floor plan into elevation and walls and column lines do not show up correctly.) I know that the reference uses what layer combination is active, so it is not that the A-wall layer is turned off. Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, where you able to fix it? Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any reference set to a Viewpoint (from the project map) will keep the current layer settings. When set to a View (from the view map) the reference will have the settings assigned specifically to that view, which can be different from the current drawing.

It sounds like you want to choose a viewpoint as the reference rather than a view, in order to see the same elements.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice i'll give it a try and let you know.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hence wrote:
We are having a strange and frustrating problem in my office with one particular file. Views that are used as trace references are not showing up with all the walls or other elements in the view we are referencing them into. (ie: reference floor plan into elevation and walls and column lines do not show up correctly.) I know that the reference uses what layer combination is active, so it is not that the A-wall layer is turned off. Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, where you able to fix it? Thank you.
In the Trace Reference Palette it is also possible to filter what TYPE of elements of the Reference should be shown. You can also check if that has the settings you want.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lazlo's tip helped me out. Screen-capture is attached.
It's another case of one of those innocuous little triangle buttons leading to powerful functionality I never knew I had available to me!
Trace reference element visibility.jpg
Learn and get certified!