BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Ganging WDW's in AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Used to in 11 you had the ganging option in the window dialog box with how wide you wanted the ganging to be.

In 12, that ganging selection box is still there but no size of the mull you want. Is it located somewhere else or did they do away with that (hope not)
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
This might also help as well as an example
Anonymous
Not applicable
How to model this one?
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is how the window should be interpreted by the constructor .
Different aspect isn't it?

I still need a lot of 2D enhancements although the solution could be this way simply.
Afbeelding 4.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone is interested to participate in a new topic?

>>>
A depository of plain 2D window representations that can't be achieved with ArchiCAD 12 in daily practice (unless work-arounds...).

GS can deside then to have adjustements in existing library parts or to add extra window types.

Always useful to question your user base
Anonymous
Not applicable
JLKilgore wrote:
Used to in 11 you had the ganging option in the window dialog box with how wide you wanted the ganging to be. In 12, that ganging selection box is still there but no size of the mull you want.
Was this option (or a similar one) available in AC11 INT Library? If not, it would have been very useful to have it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Besides this ganging problem, does anybody know how to get rid of this gap between the sill and bottom trim on a window. I looked everywhere in the settings and tried everything but I can't get rid of it. Thank you.
jbArch
Newcomer
ugh.... The ganging distance bug is still not fixed in this new bugfix release... but not a real surprise since there was no update to the libraries. I suspect the problem is with the individual library parts, not just AC12 itself.

Finding myself using AC11 parts more and more which is too bad since GS really seemed to improve the door/window interface in AC12. Problem is they stopped running the race before the finish line.

This software has the potential to be so great if someone in budapest would just concentrate on putting out one good release instead of giving us more "features" with each upgrade.
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has there been any resolution to this? I would guess that the 2d aspect may have been fixed but it seems the casing is still not working properly. I still have a gap between trims when I gang windows together. Anyone else have an idea why this is happening?
Window Ganging.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I asked around and there doesn't seem to be a solution. Just aggravates me that something that worked like a charm reversed itself in an upgrade.

Let me know if you find a solution. Only thing I know to do is fake it. Make a layer and have it hidden on all but 3D and basically overwrite the trim that isn't working. Make it like 1/16th thicker so it will cover it. I hate to tell someone to fake it but that is about the only thing I can think of.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!