BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Repeating Complex Profile

Chris Grantham
Advocate
Is there any way to get a custom complex profile to repeat rather then stretch when I adjust the height? I have attached an image to illustrate what I mean. I am trying to get the cladding in the foreground to repeat when I increase the height. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Chris

CLADDING.jpg
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
This could be done with custom library parts, wall accessories or add-ons but not with the complex profiles. The simplest thing is either to repeat the elements vertically or make multiple profiles with different numbers of cladding elements.
Chris Grantham
Advocate
Thanks for the quick response Matthew. Do you know of any good add-ons, or is Cadimage the only game in town?
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
rocorona
Booster
Matthew wrote:
The simplest thing is either to repeat the elements vertically or make multiple profiles with different numbers of cladding elements
or make a profile with as many repetitions you need, and use SEO to cut the unwanted part.
But yes, a custom GDL object, or a wall accessory would be the real solution.
Chris wrote:
Do you know of any good add-ons, or is Cadimage the only game in town?
Do a check to Cigraph's ArchiWall 2. Not sure, but maybe it can do what you need.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Another approach is using the CurtainWall with a custom panel.
The point is to define a scheme based on a single panel, very wide, so it can cover the whole distance. Set to zero the width of the frames, and define them "invisible".
These panels are automatically repeated to fit the CW height, but they are not trimmed. In the image below, you can see that the topmost one is stretched, while the "middletop" (to the right) is entirely there, not following the CW perimeter.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10