BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Spider Clamp in Archicad 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm very new to Archicad - I'm usuing Archicad 11 and would like to use a spider clamp for a curtain wall. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know wher I could find the object?
Thank you!
Sue
7 REPLIES 7
rocorona
Booster
I did this one, time ago. It is for ArchiCAD from version 10.
Parameters are in Italian, but the graphic user interface can help a lot.
It creates glasses and spiders, but you can choose the number of panels (from 1x1 to 14xi14) and enable/disable every single glass and every single spider.
So, if you only need one spider, set it to 1x1 glass, disable the glass panel and 3 of the four corner spiders.

User interface has four pages. On the first one you set all the general parameters (dimensions, resolution, materials, pens)
On the second one you choose the number of glass panels and which ones are on and off. This is done by a graphic array with checkboxes. Each checkbox representing one glass, and a red symbol representing an active (ON) spider.
Similarly, on the third page you choose which spiders are on or off. Here too you have an array of chechboxes to activate/deactivate the corresponding spiders. Between checkboxes there are blue squares, representing the active (ON) glasses.

On the last page you can activate (and set parameters for) gasket between glasses, and connecting rods.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Thank you very much. I'll see how I go!
Sue
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rocorona, the spider clamps are beautiful! Thank you. Sue
rocorona
Booster
You are welcome.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Amazing!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very Nice
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ciao Roberto,

this is an amazing library part. Great job and many thanks for sharing it.
One option though I could not find which makes it not usable for my situation: I couldn't remove the little arms from the spider and have just 1 or 2 arms. Two arms option could have them at 90 or 180 degrees from each other.
Am I right?
Do you or anyone knows whether there is anything that would have that feature?
0714 WD 13.05D.jpg
Learn and get certified!