BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Rail-tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Our stairmaker tools works but not all the way, the thing I got most problems with is with the stairrails, when I want a rail on a stair to connect to my rails on a slab and to next stair.

My thought is that we should have a rail-tool that only create rails in different shapes, planar / slanted, straight / curved and so on.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
... and sense the level of the surface on which placed the bars (posts) are

Dreams, Dreams ...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Propably it could be done in only GDL but I think a rail-tool would be better. I've already a complete idea of how it should work. (but not the code)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check out Cadimage's Stairbuilder for Archicad 12. It does exactly what you are asking for, apparently.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I voted essential on this one. Currently, I place posts and then add pieces of rail between. I would like the railing tool to work like the wall tool. First, choose a rail (there should be many types), then click around the deck-instant rail. Of course, the posts should be editable.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
can't you use CW for this?
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob wrote:
can't you use CW for this?
Maybe? Have not tried, but I guess some could be done in CW but not all.

I looked at stairbuilder @ cadimage homepage, it look nice. But I'm a little scared of extensions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been having the same problems with attaching a rail to either a slab edge or stair. Archicad just does seem smart enough to know/understand what it is i'm trying to do.
rocorona
Booster
This is another external add-on, but Cigraph's ArchiStair has a tool that allows the creation of customizable handrails, on stairs and slabs.
Valery wrote:
... and sense the level of the surface on which placed the bars (posts) are

Dreams, Dreams ...
and an exclusive "gravity to the stair" function, for placing library elements exactly on the steps.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
As Roberto says, Archistair 2 does this and so much more. There are videos showing railing insertion/modification and a 126 page manual with lots of illustrations. Any custom profile can be used to create the elements, too.

Attached is a screenshot of a page of the manual where you want to create a railing for the inside of the stairs that continues along mezzanine with a circular balcony. Archistair 2 reads the slab geometry - or any other selected polyline. Download the full user manual here:
http://www.cigraph.it/cigraph/pagetrans.do?lang=en&action=prodotti_demo&prodotti_id=36&selpage=3
and see if it does what you want.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!