Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout Renaming Issue

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
All of a sudden I can't rename my Layout ID's... I type over the ID and it just switches back... The Governing Subset should automatically put this number there, but it doesn't.

I did COPY one subset to make the others, but the settings suggest it should auto number.

I also tried creating a new one and same deal.

I am sure I'm missing something easy.....

Anyone...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shouldn't that be set to 'assign ID automatically' in order to pick up the auto numbering from the parent subset above?
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Yes it should, but that did not work either... in fact it shows NOTHING in the little box in the dialog yet the subsets all remain named CC01
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 'CC construction Admin' folder should have a Custom ID of 'CC' with 'use Prefix & ID of upper levels' ticked and an ID style of '01,02,03...' for subfolders to increment correctly.

The 'Stair Hall Glass' folder should have 'Assign ID Automatically' ticked, 'use Prefix & ID of upper levels' ticked, and 'add prefix' as a decimal point, then ID style '1,2,3...'

Seems to work for me?
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
All of my other subsets are working fine.... I must be running into something out of the ordinary. Files getting big.....

Even changing to MANUAL the ID's will not change from CC01.

It's not a teamwork project either...

I will see if I can create a subset in another file and ORGANIZE it over to this one. Going to be difficult enough keeping up with construction without having to fight archiCAD.

Thanks for you help...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mmm, strange! Sorry I couldn't help. Best of luck with finding a solution anyway.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Duane-

Did you ever find a solution? I seem to have the same issue. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I figured out the solution. I had to change the book settings to "use hierarchy".
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
vfrontiers wrote:
All of a sudden I can't rename my Layout ID's... I type over the ID and it just switches back... The Governing Subset should automatically put this number there, but it doesn't.

I did COPY one subset to make the others, but the settings suggest it should auto number.

I also tried creating a new one and same deal.

I am sure I'm missing something easy.....

Anyone...
Very similar problem here. Trying to overwrite Layout ID with a Custom value -- the Layout Settings dialog shows the correct Custom ID, but the Layout is not renumbered (neither on the sheet nor in the Navigator). This is a TW file.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5