Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to use Model View Options

Anonymous
Not applicable
How many Model View Options do I really need?

All of the graphics in the dialog boxes show plan graphics, are these options for plan control only or should I be creating a view option for elevations and sections?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
phgordon21 wrote:
All of the graphics in the dialog boxes show plan graphics, are these options for plan control only or should I be creating a view option for elevations and sections?
Be aware that doors and windows will disappear in elevs/sections as well as on plan when set to 'show openings only', which you probably wouldn't want!

Also note that all the fill overrides have a major effect on elevations and sections (which can be useful sometimes). So yes, it is a good idea to create separate MVOs just for elevs/sections to prevent any unintended changes that these setting may cause.

Bearing those points in mind, start with a few standard MVOs and then add extra one as you go along, when the need arises. The exact number needed depends on what types of drawings you will need to produce! Going through previous projects will give you a better idea of what you will need.
Erich
Contributor
While not a direct answer to your question, Peter did that already, you might want to take a look at the Master Template System. This system has a number of views already set up with respective MVO's, among many other predefined settings. We purchased the system and it is well worth the cost. Take a look here:

http://www.archicadtemplate.com/
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K