BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

search and select by storey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Is there any way to search and select by storey?
If I filter the 3D, I can isolate a storey (let's say 2nd floor) and select all in the 3D window.
But having a complex section, some elements of the 3rd floor (walls especially) are also shown into the 2nd floor (wall's plan representation turned to "all relevant stories") and selected.
Annoying if, for example, you want to make a vertical translation only for the 2nd floor's elements (I have to).
4 REPLIES 4
Thomas Holm
Booster
You can at least Find and Select by Elevation.
Which means that if you first Select All in your 3D window like you described, then you can filter that (+) or (-) according to Elevation, and that should make possible what you want.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
You can at least Find and Select by Elevation.
Which means that if you first Select All in your 3D window like you described, then you can filter that (+) or (-) according to Elevation, and that should make possible what you want.
In a perfect world yes.
In this case, I have to change a storey level that was wrongly evaluated and consecutively move down the objects of this storey. In fact, my demand is the outcome of a mess about levels. And into a large survey. So, a search by storey would clean up the mess quite easily. But of course, I am the only one dealing with some junk, right?
Thanks anyway, I'll add a wish, maybe...
Erika Epstein
Booster
You could start by going to that story in the floor plan window and using the single story marquee.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
You could start by going to that story in the floor plan window and using the single story marquee.
same as filter the 3d. A lot of "+1 storey" are shown because they are turned to "all relevant stories". Even worst AFAIR, the marquee capture -1 stairs.
Learn and get certified!