Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Get the Modular Joinery object!

Thomas Holm
Booster
I'd just like to push this http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=135321#135321
a little more.

Ralph Wessel has created a hugely flexible window/door/panel/storefront/curtain wall GDL object, called Modular Joinery. It was commissioned by Graphisoft U K and is distributed to their Archicad subscribers, and for similar purpose to other distributors.

I've been using it for a week or so now, and I find it extraordinarily good, and something I've been wishing to have for a long time. Not only is the object itself working very well, it also has a new, simple yet very creative and useful UI (user interface), and also comes with a 22-page user manual!

If you have an Archicad subscription, immediately ask your distributor to supply you with this GDL object, and if he/she doesn't have it, to get it from Graphisoft U.K.!

I'd also like to send my sincere thanks to Graphisoft U K who've had the wit to engage one of the most distinguished GDL programmers for this task, and to share it with the user community this way. And of course, to Ralph!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
145 REPLIES 145
Christiaan
Participant
It's a shame there's no way to trial these kinds of tools. I'm evaluating ArchiCAD for our office and we predominantly specify Velfac windows so it would be very useful to be able to try this tool and show it off to the relevant people.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Just trust me! If you specify Velfac, this object is perfect. If you want to include it in your evaluation, you should just talk to GS UK. They have it.

Edited:
Below is an excerpt from the manual that shows some of the pre-set frame options available. Despite trying for years, I have never been able to replicate this with the standard windows.
Christiaan
Participant
Nice one, thanks Thomas. I'll have a talk to GS UK. It's not me I need to convince!
Thomas Holm
Booster
Christiaan wrote:
Nice one, thanks Thomas. I'll have a talk to GS UK. It's not me I need to convince!
OK. Since GSUK commissioned it from Ralph Wessel, they have the rights to it, so I can't give it to you.
It was a great idea of them to do so, since it fixes a long-standing shortcoming in the standard libraries.

What I don't think GS have realised is that this is so well done, and has such potential that it could become an additional selling point in itself for Archicad. I think it should be included in the standard libraries. I've heard GS Sweden are contemplating to do that in the SWE version, but it should be done globally.

It doesn't seem that GS's resellers are aware of it either, with a few exceptions. But if you just tell them you won't buy Archicad unless they present it to you, I guess you'll have it soon enough!
JaredBanks
Mentor
Anyone in the USA have any luck yet in getting this?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Stuart Smith
Booster
Our reseller told us, "Graphisoft North America finally has this product and will make it ready when they have the infrastructure to share it with our subscription users finished."

Wondering what kind of infrastructure is required... high-speed rail? space elevator? a system of inter-connected computers maybe?
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1
JaredBanks
Mentor
I talked to the same reseller and got him to admit that the infrastructure he's referring to is the catbus. And he's having trouble modeling it in REVIT. Go figure...
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
All i'm "allowed" to say is that it's hard to get a copy of and that we are not supposed to talk about it!? go figure....
Dwight
Newcomer
Don't talk about Modular Joinery Club!
Dwight Atkinson
JaredBanks
Mentor
There is no Modular Joinery Club
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects