Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

What are new tools for ARCHICAD 13?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello 🙂
I was wondering if we maybe know what new tools we can expect with the new version of Archicad?
I finaly hope for 3D composite structure layers to be visible, also their 2D representation to be automaticly adjusted to the layer thickness (eg. thermal insulation).
Slab layers and their intersection with wall layers...
Also maybe while defining wall composite layers we can also define each layer height.
Better and more detailed quantity take-off is a must.
221 REPLIES 221
Anonymous
Not applicable
May I ask where is it you get your infos on archicad 13 from?
/Olivier
Anonymous
Not applicable
usually I'd get nothing, but unusually someone talked...!
Anonymous
Not applicable
As an ex ArchiCAD user I know that Graphisoft have been aware of Teamwork's limitations since pre-ArchiCAD 10, and have been talking of a major overhaul.

It is one of ArchiCAD's weaknesses against Revit and its Worksets, where team members can all just borrow elements to edit on the fly.

It will be interesting to see how Graphisoft implement Teamwork.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I agree Teamwork has its limitations, but I've had a great deal of success with it. I recently read an article (from a link on ArchiCAD-Talk that I can't find) from a Revit user lamenting the problems with the software... especially file sharing. Apparently, the speed and stability are dismal. On a large project, saving to the master model file can take up to 5 minutes! This apparently results in a massive file over 200 MB, which requires the newest computers to access... Core2Duos even lag behind, and forget Pentiums! I've never had that problem with ArchiCAD Teamwork.

By the way, Andjo, if you're an ex-ArchiCAD user, why are you here? I'm not getting defensive, I'm just wondering why you'd look back if you weren't happy with your experience. I don't comment on Microstation forums (it's been ten years, and the nightmares are starting to go away!).
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Da3dalus wrote:
I don't comment on Microstation forums (it's been ten years, and the nightmares are starting to go away!).
Same here!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
andjo wrote:

It will be interesting to see how Graphisoft implement Teamwork.
GS implemented Teamwork 12 years ago... (version 5.1) Next ArchiCAD release will be rather small Teamwork revolution 🙂
andjo wrote:
It is one of ArchiCAD's weaknesses against Revit and its Worksets, where team members can all just borrow elements to edit on the fly.
Regarding "borrowing elements to edit on the fly"- it could be good for small team (2-3 persons) - number of messages to approve in Revit is enormous.
In ArchiCAD I prefer defined workspace with privileges - big teamwork projects means big responsibility too. Good to know who is doing changes and in which area.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Eduardo Rolon
Da3dalus wrote:
I agree Teamwork has its limitations, but I've had a great deal of success with it. I recently read an article (from a link on ArchiCAD-Talk that I can't find) from a Revit user lamenting the problems with the software... especially file sharing. Apparently, the speed and stabilit
The link to the AC thread

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=28367&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

The link to the Article

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=100857

It is under performance
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Thanks, Eduardo. My memory was a bit off, it actually takes 15 minutes to save to the 340 MB central file in Revit. My bad.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
By the way, Andjo, if you're an ex-ArchiCAD user, why are you here?
Because I liked using ArchiCAD, and I was interested to see how ArchiCAD is doing. Revit 2010 is out and has some new modelling features as well as the much discussed ribbon, and I wondered what ArchiCAD 13 is going to offer.

I guess you get fed up with people arguing that Revit is better. To be honest I don't know if it is or not, they both have different strengths and weaknesses.

I'll get back to Revit now and try to get to grips with the ribbon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
One year ago today AC12 was announced. Will today be the day for AC13?