Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

handicap ramps made of lumber

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to Archicad and a general novice (I've drawn by hand most of my career). I am trying to create a barrier-free ramp whose 1:12 pitched ramp surface consists of treated 2 X 6's. I know from another tip that you can use roofs to create a solid angled planar surface. But How do you created a 2 X 6 ramp surface? I created two 2 X 6 'beams' side by side. These beams had a beam profile rotation of 4.76 degrees (1:12 slope). But when I try to make multiple copies along that angle in section view, Archicad won't let me.

Is this a limitation of Archicad? This is a pretty common item not to be able to represent in a construction document.

Thanks,
Dennis
3 REPLIES 3
adzik
Newcomer
It's a limitation of the software. Try multiplying (Ctrl+U) the beams in the 3d window but activate vertical displacement as well in the multiply settings window.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I understand, this is a straight ramp. The easiest way to make the slanted part is to draw it in section with lines, then make the cut-beams with fills and use the fills to create a Custom profile. It is not so difficult as it sounds! There a many post on Custom profiles in the Forum which explain how it works. Also have a look at the Help!

You have to know AC cannot multiply in section, only in 3D and plan.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Did you know when you create a stair in archicad there
is an option for it to be a ramp and not a stair?
This also lets you include railings as part of it.

Another option is to use the straight ramp found in the library under concrete>ramps.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"