BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker 9 freezes when trying to open .lbk file...

Anonymous
Not applicable
A friend of mine is having an issue I have never experienced before in Plotmaker 9. The file just won't open. We tried opening it in other computer stations and it still cannot open. It just hangs, in windows task manager it shows as "not responding". We tried opening the .bbk file but no glory. We tried moving the .lbk file to another location in the hard drive, still no glory. Even renaming the file does not help. We also tried opening a new/blank .lbk file and importing sheet/s from the problematic .lbk file but it just hangs... whether it is one sheet or several, or even sheets with just text... it hangs and the plotmaker 9 application becomes non-responsive. This happens on the other workstations as well.

What to do...?

any help is greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Have you tried a forward merge?
Open a new and reset file in 9.
Merge the bad file into it.
Often this works.

You will lose and info added in section and elevation windows, but the model will be saved as well as info in plan windows.

Good Luck.

If this doesn't work, send to Graphisoft.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for tip Erika,

Yes we tried the method you mentioned about, except I have a slight correction to make... earlier I said that by importing one sheet or several sheets, plotmaker would hang. I was mistaken, we never tried importing just one sheet into the new/reset .lbk file. Trying to import multiple sheets did in fact make plotmaker hang. But importing one sheet at a time (which my friend did later on) into the new/reset .lbk file worked just fine.

Thanks!

I am curious however as to why this issue would happen in the first place??...
Erika Epstein
Booster
Something is problematic with the model is my guess. What that is I have no idea. Think back to what you were doing just before you couldn't open the file.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!