Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to modelling this in ArchiCad.

Anonymous
Not applicable
How to model this in archicad? (attached file made in 5 minutes in vektorworks, two different polygons, front and back, made from lines and arcs and then multiple extruded.)

Thought: If you can think it but the software doesn´t allow you model it, then What?.
Maybe more time and money spent in addons, dongles and then waiting for late releases for license-software plugins to update?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Patrick wrote:
How to model this in archicad? (attached file made in 5 minutes in vektorworks, two different polygons, front and back, made from lines and arcs and then multiple extruded.)

Thought: If you can think it but the software doesn´t allow you model it, then What?.
Maybe more time and money spent in addons, dongles and then waiting for late releases for license-software plugins to update?
hmm...not sure what is "this" ..but here is my try in 3 minutes

using mesh tool, if you want it smooth, maybe an extra 5 minutes and you will be ok

BTW : I don't think that ArchiCAD is the best tool to model "things" like this, but still in many cases it works, however many users prefer to use add-ons or some times the (model then import) approach.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice! How did you model it so fast?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Patrick wrote:
Nice! How did you model it so fast?

using mesh and Solid Element Operation, attached find steps

(I've seen someone on this forum using this way of explaining steps, and I love it ! thank you !)
Anonymous
Not applicable
It may be worth trying the 'Mesh3d V2' object found in the object Despository. It should do exactly what you need, with the extra bonus of being FPCP sensitive!

See this thread for a direct link to the part, and instructions for use -
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=141715

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
It may be worth trying the 'Mesh3d V2' object found in the object Despository. It should do exactly what you need, with the extra bonus of being FPCP sensitive!

See this thread for a direct link to the part, and instructions for use -
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=141715

Hope that helps!
Agree... Mesh3d and Tentmaker-if we forget about the SEO problem with it - are the best tools in many modeling cases, rather than the old hard way (mesh this and mesh that )

Mr.Admin... I have no clue why I am double posting! sorry
Anonymous
Not applicable
Using the mesh tool will not be appropriate because the results will not be making all the same thickness. Must have tool solutions that do not create the user program must be thinking how to make and use what tools?
Sorry My English